Ideally you want everyone in your business, everything your business does, everything you stand for, to provide an enjoyable, pleasant and easy experience for your customer.
Why is this important?
Everybody is busy, and the increased pressure that new technology brings means everything is expected more quickly and instantly. If something doesn’t hit between the eyes within the first few seconds of coming into contact, many just do not want to make the effort to try harder to understand, appreciate and use. Instant, positive communication is vital in any industry.
The easier it is to do business with you, the more business you are likely to do. The more difficult, the more business you risk losing. So, how easy and how much fun is it to do business with you?
Your challenge will be to keep a perspective on your business which enables you to keep seeing it through your customers’ eyes. It is easy to get so wrapped up in the detail of the day-to-day running of your business that taking a step back becomes difficult. You need to keep on asking the question ‘How can we make it even easier for people to buy from us
How to make it easy to buy &
Make sure that it is obvious what you are selling – you know, but do your customers?
- Ensure that those selling your products or services know and can communicate the value of your products and services.
- Use customer-friendly language – watch jargon and too much detail.
- Avoid giving your customers too much choice, it can be overwhelming.
- Have clear signage inside and outside of your business.
- Keep paperwork to the minimum. & Shorten the steps in your sales process.
- Design a website that is easy to navigate.
- Make sure there is always easy access to all the information needed to make purchasing decisions. &
- Ensure that all your promotional materials have full and obvious contact details.
- If you send prospective customers location maps make sure that they are easy to read and follow.